LINKS FOR CHINESE LANGUAGE LEARNING
- For writing characters with pinyin tones and learning vocabulary words, http://www.skritter.com/
- For a very handy online Chinese-English and English-Chinese dictionary aimed at English speakers who are learning Chinese, try https://www.pleco.com/.
- For a comprehensive Chinese grammar list and explanation, check out AllSet Learning’s grammar wiki, http://resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/Main_Page
- For adding tone marks by typing tone numbers, http://www.chinese-tools.com/tools/pinyin-editor.html
- For typing Chinese without installing any software, http://www.chinese-tools.com/tools/ime.html
- Paste a Chinese text and get the pinyin pronunciation of all the characters, http://www.chinese-tools.com/tools/pinyin.html
- http://zhongwen.com/ is an excellent portal for learning Chinese characters and culture.
APPs FOR CHINESE LEARNING
- Skritter, http://www.skritter.com/ios. Learn to write Chinese characters
- ChinesePod (subscription required), http://chinesepod.com/mobile, Access the ChinesePod library with thousands of podcasts to make Chinese learning convenient, flexible and fun.
- TrainChinese, http://www.trainchinese.com/. Check out the separate apps by the same company for Pinyin Trainer, Chinese Numbers Trainer, and more.
- Pleco, http://www.pleco.com/pleco2ip.html, a great dictionary app with handwriting input and live camera-based character recognition.
- Nciku, The nciku Chinese dictionary lets you look up Chinese and English words to see translations, pinyin, examples and stroke order animations, as well as listen to audio pronunciations of words and examples.
- QQ International, http://download.imqq.com/download.shtml, is the international version of QQ, the most popular Instant Messenger tool in China. It's available in English, Japanese and French and lets you connect with over 500 million registered Chinese QQ users to chat, join community groups or improve your Chinese.
- 微博 app: Chinese version of Twitter
- The Financial Times (FT) chinese version, m.ftchinese.com/ipad.html. You can choose to display the news in Chinese with the English version along side it. It’s particularly useful for newspaper reading class
- PPTV网络电视，http://www.pptv.com/, watch movies, soaps, sports, kungfu, and many more in Chinese.